Goodman Air Conditioning & Heating has been known for building quality air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. Given their decades of experience in the heating and cooling business, Harbor Point's customers can be assured that Goodman brand air conditioning and heating systems meet the highest industry standards and are installed by the best and most experienced professionals in the greater Myrtle Beach and Charleston, SC, area.
Goodman also offers one of the best warranties in the industry. If you have recently purchased a Goodman air conditioning unit, heat pump, furnace, air handler or ductless system, make sure you register your product. To register your new Goodman system click here.If you have registered your Goodman product and need to review your warranty information click here.
• Set thermostat to 78•F in summer and 68•F in winter.
• Change HVAC filters monthly and make sure they are facing the correct direction (look for arrow on side of filter).
• Have your system serviced twice per year.
• Minimize use of electric space heaters.
• Insulate electric wall plugs and wall switches with foam pads.
• Caulk around plumbing penetrations that come through walls beneath bathroom and kitchen sinks.
• Caulk electrical wire penetrations at the top of interior walls.
• In the summer, close shades and drapes during the day to help keep heat out.
• Insulate attic access door and ensure the door closes tightly.
• Make sure insulation in your attic does not block soffit vents. Also, be sure outside soffit vents are not blocked.
• Do not close supply air registers.
• Ensure return air grilles are not blocked by furniture.
• Ensure windows and doors are properly weather-stripped. Verify all outdoor doors close and seal tightly.
• Ensure your outdoor heat pump / air conditioning unit is kept clean and free of debris.• In the winter, make sure drapes and shades are open during the day to catch free solar heat. Also, be sure to close the shades and drapes at night to keep the heating in.
1. Is the HVAC and heating company established? Be sure to check them out online to find more about their business. Take note on how long the company has been established.
Harbor Point Mechanical, LLC. offers over 30 years of mechanical experience on residential heating and air conditioning projects.
2. Is the company licensed? A consumer can actually lose money by hiring an unlicensed contractor by exposing themselves to possible safety hazards due to the contractor's lack of knowledge and training.
Harbor Point Mechanical, LLC is fully licensed, bonded and insured in the state of South Carolina.